In the autumn of 2022 the Trust launched BET Reads to develop a shared vision for reading across all schools; a set of shared principles, understood by all but implemented with the needs and context of individual schools in mind.
Through a shared vision and a common approach we aim to ensure there is no lottery in terms of exposure and quality of reading provision and as a result all BET pupils leave our schools as readers for life.
- To develop a vision and shared approach for reading across all schools in the Trust which is evidence based and collaborative
- To develop The BET Reads Strategy, which is embedded across the Trust, understood by all schools and has measurable, long-term impact
- To look at practice within and beyond the Trust to identify best practice and areas for development to feed into a Trust wide reading provision map
- To develop common reading lines of enquiry to incorporate into all Quality of Education Reviews
- To conduct reading deep dives in schools as required and support schools with the leadership of reading, where needed
- To consider how reading can be benchmarked and measured with a particular focus on those children not meeting milestones e.g. end of key stages 1, 2 and 3
- To review reading interventions across the Trust to ensure they have impact and close the gaps identified
- To review the resources used for reading to ensure they have impact and provide value for money
- To co-ordinate primary and secondary reading leads as a group of excellent practitioners who feel supported and developed to champion reading across the Trust
- To facilitate, co-ordinate and develop Trust-wide reading CPD.