Why work for BET
The Bourne Education Trust (‘BET’) is a Surrey and Hampshire based multi-academy trust made up of sixteen schools, across both primary and secondary phases.
Specialising in supporting schools to improve their performance, BET continues to grow a community of outstanding academies with the highest aspiration and dedication to achieving the best outcomes for their learners.
Led by Alex Russell, CEO, and supported by an executive team and board of directors, BET's 1050 staff currently educate over 7,700 pupils. The Trust’s main areas of expertise are as follows:
- Increasing leadership capacity and rebuilding confidence
- Setting the strategic priorities for schools and creating an aspirational culture
- Supporting current leadership teams to implement change
- Refining the school’s data tracking systems so that intervention is targeted, appropriate and makes a difference
- Improving the quality of teaching through school to school support, paired observations, bespoke training and the use of outstanding practitioners
- Increasing the skills of teaching assistants so that in class provision and small group work supports progress
- Challenging underperformance and closing the gap
- Ensuring that no child slips through the net.
BET is a fast moving and exciting place to work with every school within our Trust free to shape their individual character.
Our brilliant teachers, support staff and leaders share a commitment to providing a first class education to the children within their schools and as a Trust we strive to ensure that our provision enables every child to fulfil their potential.
As an employer we know that our people are the key to our success and for this reason believe in creating great places to work where people feel supported and encouraged to be the best they can possibly be. Staff within our schools can expect to be challenged and motivated to achieve their ambitions, and such is the scale and scope of the Trust’s school-to-school support work, successful candidates can expect to receive rapid promotion either through direct placement or via secondments from their home school.
We always welcome interest from teachers and support staff who would like to join our Trust. If you don't see a position advertised that is suitable for you at the moment please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as and when something suitable arises.