Become a BET school governor
We are always interested in hearing from potential school governors. Each school within the Trust has its own local governance committee. Members include community, co-opted, parent and staff governors.
The governance committees have a vital strategic role. The Government and Ofsted have high expectations of their ability to hold headteachers and principals to account and drive improvement.
The role of the governance committee is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
- Set the aims and objectives for the school
- Set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- Be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend).
Each governor needs to attend the full governance committee meetings (usually 4 meetings per year) and potentially serve on a sub-committee (usually 4 meetings per year).
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Debbie Nixon, Trust PA: email@example.com or contact the headteacher’s PA of the school you are interested in serving.